Friday, October 6, 2017

its what I do reaction

The book "Its what I do: a photographers life of love and war" by Lynsey Addario is fascinating and can teach many lessons that go beyond photography. I was impressed how Lynsey as a young photographer was able to have such a great impact. Lynsey began the story where photographed the city Ajdabiya in Libya and was able to capture much chaos. One thing I can apply from this to photojournalism is that photos you take can tell a very deep, and important story. A quote from this book that I enjoyed was "While covering war, there were days when I had boundless courage and there were days, like these in Libya, when I was terrified from the moment I woke up." This quote shows the hardship Lynsey faced and how her dedication help her push through it. The photo that caught my eye was the rebel fighters pushing the front line forward on the day of heavy fighting. The smoke coming out from the car as well as in the background from the buildings in the distance is truly telling of the environment. The soldiers were marching with a clear purpose and showed no fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment