Friday, October 13, 2017

Week 3 blog forum

TOPIC 1: TWO PORTRAIT SUBJECTS --  
  1. One possible person I can do my environmental portrait on would be Keegan Firth. Another could be Mike Omalley who is one of my friends Dad and a professor at Oregon state
  2. Keegan Firths claim to fame is football. He plays football for Oregon state and this is what is he is best known for. In order to play football in a major division 1 conference players must be very dedicated to their craft and this is exactly what Keegan is. Mike Omalley works in the education department at Oregon State and he is best known for that and is very passionate with his work, considering he is the highest rated Professor at Oregon State University.

  3. For Keegan I could shoot in various different athletic spots. Reser stadium, the weight room, or anywhere in the practice facility. For Mike I think it would work best to shoot inside a classroom.
  4. I could have Keegan in Oregon State football gear which would obviously show what it is he is passionate about, helmet, pads, football etc. Mike could use a laptop since that is important for teachers, papers, pencils, white board, things of that nature.
  5. I could contact Keegan through social media since we are familiar with each other from school, and I could contact Mike through his son which I have contact with.


TOPIC 2: SELF-CRITIQUE --  Now that you've been committing photojournalism for a few weeks ...

  1. The best photo I have posted would probably be my close up of the women rugby club. I liked this photo because it shows the subjects face and tells a story of whats happening which is the girl taking a break from practice to hydrate.


  2. My worst picture would probably be my week 2 overall photo. This photo wasn't great because their wasn't much emotion and the lighting was pretty bad.


  3. 2 skills I think I need to improve in would be lighting, as well as angles I am shooting at. I think that with more experience as the term goes along I could really improve on these 2 things and really make a difference in my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment